Some more parkrun tourism as me and Other Dan made our way to Hampstead Heath parkrun to celebrate Claire completing her 100th parkrun. A few things to note:
- They use 2 different courses dependent on other activities taking place on the Heath. Always check their news page & the event Facebook page and be there with plenty of time to make either start (we ran the B course).
- There might be blood sucking midges everywhere at the start & finish. There were. My legs can just about be seen under the red splodges of evil
- The course is hilly. The hilliest parkrun course that I have so far experienced in London. Not insurmountable, good for your legs but don’t go looking for a 5k PB.
- The car park costs £2.50 for two hours and not £2.00 as their site states.
- The volunteers and runners are all friendly and lovely people.
Running Dan parkrun result:
- parkrun time: 0:26:10
- Garmin time: 0:26:10
- Finish position: 72 / 152
- Gender position: 66 / 97
- Age category: VM40-44
- Age grade: 52.17 %