The 10 things I love about my gym:
- Membership is only £20 a month and there is no fixed term contract. Great value and can cancel at any time.
- It’s 5 minutes walk from the office and is next door to the salad bar where I buy my lunch afterwards.
- The staff are really cool.
- The gym is open exactly when I need it to be. Monday to Friday from 7am until 7pm. Lovely.
- All the equipment is fairly new and there is a good mixture of cardio kit versus weight training.
- They have piles of free magazines every month. I always grab copies of TIME and Men’s Health to take home with me.
- Avoid 12-2pm and the gym is often empty. No worries about waiting to use any of the equipment. Even during the lunch rush there is not usually any problem.
- The treadmills directly face the main window and have a great view of the shops next door. The gym might not have any fancy TV’s but you can run and people watch to your heart’s content.
- The staff know my name and welcome me every time I go inside.
- Over Christmas & New Year they stayed open (under reduced hours) because they checked if people were still intending to use the gym. They could have easily decided to close down for the festive period but instead kept open for me and another gym regular.
Today was meant to be a rest day on my marathon training plan but nothing is going to halt my Janathon run streak so 2km completed on the treadmill so I could bank my 1 mile minimum.
- Exercise completed today: running
- Distance run today: 1.25 miles
- Distance run so far: 112.83 miles
- Weight change so far: -0.9kg