The 10 things I hate about my gym:
- Most men do not use the lockers – they leave their stuff on the benches in the teeny-weeny changing room. I sometimes wish someone would walk in and steal all their money and phones. Steal their trousers as well.
- There are only 3 treadmills so hit the gym during rush hour at your peril.
- There was a leak by the water cooler and all the nearby carpet tiles are stained.
- Broken locks on most of the shower cubicle doors.
- The guy who mans the reception desk takes a magazine into the toilet at 11am every morning and stays there for 10 minutes+. He also sings badly at the same time.
- The shower temperature changes from boiling hot to ice-cold for no clear reason. Except in cubicle 3. Always go for cubicle 3 (which also has a working lock!).
- It takes months for any broken equipment to get fixed or replaced.
- The outside security staff from the surrounding estate use the toilet so randomly wander through the changing room. Usually at the most inappropriate time.
- You need a PhD to use the lock on the toilet cubicle. You think it’s locked… it’s not!
- The clock is always wrong. Guaranteed.
Today I ran 4x800m intervals on the treadmill.
- Exercise completed today: running
- Distance run today: 3.73 miles
- Distance run so far: 111.58 miles
- Weight change so far: -0.6kg