A new year brings new challenges and this time around I am going to put my head on the block as I set my 10 running related goals for 2013.
- Complete two marathons with a sub 4 hour 15 minutes finish time in at least one of them.
- Finish at least three half-marathons including one sub 1 hour 50 minutes.
- Lower my 10k personal best so that rests firmly under 48 minutes.
- Run a sub 21 minute 5k at parkrun.
- Complete my 50th parkrun with The Son and then both wear our 50 club tees with pride.
- Run and blog my way through Janathon & Juneathon.
- Hit the majority of my targets for Jantastic, Febulous, and Marchvellous.
- Lose another 5kg of weight (10kg and counting through 2012…).
- Blog throughout the year.
- Continue to enjoy my running & keep a smile on my face throughout the training.
Some of the time based goals are a tad ambitious although certainly achievable if I hit all my training. I suspect taking just under a minute off my 5k PB could be challenging and the marathon time goal will be interesting if I am to take it down on the ‘undulations’ at Richmond Park. My first race of the year, the Serpentine 10k, takes place on the 1st of January so that provides a great opportunity to gauge my 10k fitness while also making a good start to Janathon. Roll on 2013 and my new goals :-)